Tuesday 28 August 2012

Busy Month

August has been a crazy busy month for my family.  We have been sanding and prepping our hardwood floors to be varnished.  We went from a deep cherry to a blond wood finish.  Lots of colour to sand out of the floor.  In parts it went quite deep so it took G a long time.  I helped but he really got into it.

As a result my knitting time has gone way down.  That does not mean that I have been completely knit free this month.  My focus has just changed.  I am now working on chair booties so that when we are finished the floors our furniture will not scratch up our floors.

You would be surprised at how many chair legs you have in your home.  I certainly was.  We have the six dining room chairs, two sofas, the piano bench and the four kitchen chairs.  Each are multiplied by four legs and that is not enough.  You need to multiply that number by two because when the first set is being washed you need a second set to put on the chairs.  WOW!!

As if that is not enough, I am also knitting little area rugs to go under things like the dining room table and the side coffee tables so that they do not scratch the floor when they get moved around.  As well I am  knitting a larger area rug for the living room.












Believe it or not it really is an awful lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment